Saturday, May 12, 2018

OUGD603 - Brief 10 - Evaluation

My final project has pushed my planning, patience and precision skillets further than ever before. It was only through an extensive experimentation process that I have been able to make a finished product which is so precise and clean. Constant feedback from Evolution print and the staff in the University print rooms helped to shape my idea into a finished product.

Collaborating alongside a photographer has given me the opportunity to push my own photography skill set even further, and gave me access to equipment and facilities such as the 'Phase One' camera which have taken the presentation of my design work to another level. This can be seen reflected in the product photography in my personal branding where my new found skills in photography lighting and equipment can again be seen. Working with a practitioner from another discipline has been a learning process for the both of us, I have taught him things about editorial design and typography whilst he has helped me push my photography work to another level.

Overall I am incredibly happy with the success and result of this final brief. Constructing the book myself was one of the biggest challenges I had ever undertaken but the experimentation, hours and hard work which went into the brief can be seen reflected in the final product. Going through external printers would have only restricted my ideas given the small budget that was allocated to the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment